These little balls of protein goodness will help beat those mid-morning or afternoon munchies. With the classic combo of chocolate and crunchy peanut butter, it will be hard to stop at one!
Prep time: 20 minutes
8 (about 120g) medjool dates, pitted
1 Tbs maple syrup
1.5 Tbs water
2 scoops (60g) Machine Supplements NZ Whey Protein Isolate
2 Tbs cocoa powder + 2 Tbs extra for rolling
1/2 cup (150g) natural crunchy peanut butter
1. Blend dates, maple syrup and water in a food processor until it forms a paste.
2. Add the protein powder and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and blend until it comes together in a soft ball. It should not be wet or crumbly - if it is crumbly, add a few drops of water at a time and blend until you reach the right consistency; if it is wet, add a little more cocoa powder and blend until you reach the right consistency.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the peanut butter. Mix thoroughly.
4. Place the extra 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder on a plate. Roll the mixture into walnut-sized balls, and then roll them in the cocoa powder to coat.
5. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for up to a month (to defrost, place in the fridge overnight, or at room temperature for 15 minutes).
|Nutrition Information (Per serve)|
|Total Fat (g)||5|
|- Saturated Fat (g)||0.9|
|Total Carbohydrate (g)||8|
|- Sugars (g)||6|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||1.8|