An indulgent banana bread that you can feel good about - with added protein and a source of carbohydrate, a slice would make a great pre- or post-workout snack, or anytime sweet treat.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
1 cup self-raising flour
2/3 cup (65g) Machine Supplements Whey Protein Concentrate
1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
2/3 cup hazelnut meal
2 Tbs dark chocolate chips + 2 Tbs extra for topping
4 extra-large, over-ripe bananas, 3 mashed and 1 chopped into large chunks
2 large eggs
2 Tbs canola oil
1 Tbs maple syrup
1/4 cup raw hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175⁰C conventional, or 155⁰C fan-forced. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, protein powder and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Add the hazelnut meal and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the bananas, eggs, canola oil and maple syrup. Pour this wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir together until just combined.
- Pour the batter in the lined loaf tin and scatter the chopped hazelnuts and extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for a further 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Stand in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Cut into 12 slices and serve warm or at room temperature. You can also freeze individual slices for up to 1 month.
|Nutrition Information (Per serve)|
|Total Fat (g)||12|
|- Saturated Fat (g)||2.1|
|Total Carbohydrate (g)||23|
|- Sugars (g)||11|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||3.0|