These chewy and chocolatey squares are packed with protein and energy, making them a great energy-boosting snack or pre- and post- workout option.
Prep time: 20 minutes (+ 1 hour freezing time)
14 (about 210g) medjool dates, pitted
140g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), melted
2 cups rolled oats
2.5 scoops Machine Supplements NZ Whey Protein Isolate
2/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2/3 cup warm water
Pinch of salt
- Blend dates and 2 tablespoons of the water in a food processor until it forms a paste.
- Transfer dates to a large mixing bowl and add the melted chocolate. Stir to combine.
- Add the oats, protein powder, pecans, coconut, remaining water and salt. Mix together thoroughly.
- Line a 25cm x 12cm loaf tin with baking paper. Transfer the mixture to the lined tin and press firmly into an even layer, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon.
- Freeze for 1 hour to firm up. Remove from the pan and cut into 15 squares.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for up to a month (to defrost, place in the fridge overnight, or at room temperature for 20 minutes).
|Nutrition Information (Per serve)|
|Total Fat (g)||11|
|- Saturated Fat (g)||4.9|
|Total Carbohydrate (g)||22|
|- Sugars (g)||12|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||3.2|