Teriyaki salmon and soba noodles make a winning combination for a quick and tasty mid-week dinner, rich in omega-3 fatty acids. The authentic teriyaki sauce recipe is a must-try (you can also make a big batch for future use), however a store-bought teriyaki marinade will work well too.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 1/4 Tbs soy sauce
3 tsp cooking sake
3 tsp mirin
3 tsp water
1.5 tsp sugar
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 salmon fillets (about 450g), skin removed and cut into large cubes
1 Tbs cornflour
1/2 small head of broccoli, cut into small florets
350g cooked (ready-to-use) soba noodles
1 Tbs chives, thinly sliced
2 tsp sesame seeds
- Make the teriyaki sauce by combining the soy sauce, cooking sake, mirin, water and sugar in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Coat the salmon cubes evenly in the cornflour, dust off any excess flour and add to the hot pan. Cook the salmon on 2 sides for about 3 minutes, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the pan and cook for about 1 minute, or until a thin glaze is formed.
- Add the salmon back to the pan and toss gently until coated well in the teriyaki glaze. Gently stir in the broccoli and soba noodles and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Divide between 4 bowls and sprinkle with chives and sesame seeds to serve.
|Nutrition Information (Per serve)|
|Total Fat (g)||20|
|- Saturated Fat (g)||3.5|
|Total Carbohydrate (g)||33|
|- Sugars (g)||5|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||4.1|