This chicken and vegetable stir-fry is packed full of protein and fibre goodness. It has the perfect balance of sweet and savoury, with a burst of nutty sesame in every bite!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
500g chicken breast, cut into 2-3cm cubes
2 tsp soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
3cm piece of fresh ginger, minced
2.5 Tbs honey
1.5 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornflour
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 medium carrots, cut into 3cm sticks
1 head of broccoli (about 300g), cut into florets, stem cut into 3cm sticks
2 spring onions, cut into 3cm pieces
4 cups cooked brown rice
1 Tbs sesame seeds
- Marinate the chicken in the soy sauce, garlic and ginger while you prepare the vegetables and sauce (you can marinate for longer if you have time).
- Make the sauce by mixing the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and cornflour in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a wok. Add the chicken and stir-fry on high heat for 4-5 minutes, or until browned and just cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok. Throw in the carrot and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli florets and stems, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken, spring onions and sauce to the wok and stir for 1 minute or until well combined and heated through.
- Divide the chicken stir-fry and brown rice between 4 bowls and sprinkle over the sesame seeds to serve.
|Nutrition Information (Per serve)|
|Total Fat (g)||11|
|- Saturated Fat (g)||2.0|
|Total Carbohydrate (g)||73|
|- Sugars (g)||19|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||8.7|